Your personal information
Personal information held by Acashic Intellectual Capital Pty Limited (Acashic) may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s licence number and your Acashic PIN, username or password. Acashic also holds details of your Acashic services (including their status), as well as certain details about your personal interests.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. your date of birth), Acashic may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which Acashic prides itself.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to Acashic (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, Acashic relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to Acashic and to advise them that Acashic can be contacted for further information (see ‘How to contact us’ or ‘Contact’ below).
How we collect personal information
Acashic collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
* directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details through Acashic’s web sites (e.g. during Acashic.com registration);
* from third parties such as Acashic’s related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
* from publicly available sources of information;
* from the organisations identified below under ‘When Acashic discloses your personal information’;
* from Acashic’s own records of how you use your Acashic services; or
* when legally required to do so
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
* verify your identity;
* assist you to subscribe to Acashic’s services;
* provide the services you require;
* administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
* inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
* conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
* research and develop Acashic’s services;
* gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Acashic to provide you with a better service; and
* maintain and develop Acashic’s business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that Acashic can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages). Acashic does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish Acashic to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please email@example.com.
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, Acashic will send such material only if you elect to receive it (i.e. opt-in) or if it is provided in response to your request. You can indicate your opt-in preference at Acashic’s web sites.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, Acashic may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Acashic. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Acashic providing its services to you. These organisations carry out Acashic’s:
* customer enquiries;
* mailing operations;
* billing and debt-recovery functions;
* information technology services;
* installation, maintenance and repair services;
* marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services;
* market research; and
* web site usage analysis.
Acashic takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, Acashic may disclose your personal information to:
* your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
* credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
* credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
* Acashic’s related companies;
* Acashic’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
* other telecommunication and information service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, Acashic may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes);
* government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
* organisations who manage Acashic’s business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing Acashic’s corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
You waive your rights to any protection offered under the Surveillance Devices Act (WA) 1998 or other similar Acts pursuant to Audio and Video Recordings and Storage of same
Given Acashic’s telecommunications setup and its e-archive system, Acashic is entitled to record any and all calls or communications with its suppliers and or clients, for quality assurance and training and coaching purposes. If you object to this in any way you may write formally to Acashic objecting to such recording, following which follow-on recordings will be discontinued.
The word “Acashic”, its designated logo, select motion picture title headers and slogans are protected by Law. In some cases or in select territories they may be registered trademarks and all are Copyright 2004 to Acashic Intellectual Capital Pty Limited. It is understood that the website is also subject to Copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner. E-mails may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. We give no warranties in relation to these matters. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an e-mail purportedly sent by us, please contact us immediately.